Chris Baker con WRONG! Retro Games, You Messed Up Our Comic Book Heroes! (English Edition)
SEE THE TRAILER AND SIMILAR CONTENT AT youtube.com/cbake76
THE MOST MESSED-UP MOMENTS FROM 14 YEARS OF SUPERHERO VIDEO GAMES – AWESOMELY NERDY NITPICKS!
If you're a superhero fan who loves video games, you've experienced firsthand how pretty much every title out there – good or bad, remembered or forgotten – does something that's absolutely, unapologetically WRONG! with its source material. This ebook documents the most egregious – and most hilarious – offenders from the moment Superman flew onto the Atari 2600 in 1978 all the way through 1992, when Konami's classic X-Men sucked in quarter after quarter in arcades.
NEARLY 80 SUPERHERO GAMES
Some you've played. Some you haven't. And quite a few you never even knew existed in the first place. Some high-/lowlights:
- Purple Dark Knight vs. Green Joker in Batman: The Video Game (NES)
- Proven instances of "slapping a license" on an already-developed game
- Games that stripped Wolverine and He-Man of their most iconic weaponry
- A questionable transportation method for the Man of Steel in Superman (NES)
- A Transformers game from the creator of Pitfall!
- The strangest comic book license ever to hit the Sega Genesis
- The most unnecessary tie-in to a superhero animated series of all time
- The Danger Mouse Trilogy
- That one lonely Thundercats game
ANSWERS TO BURNING QUESTIONS YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW TO ASK
- Who is "the Princess Peach of superhero games"?
- Who was the first Marvel character to be featured in three games? And what's the single gaming appearance he's had since 1985?
- Which super-character is most consistently misrepresented in games?
- What common superhero gaming feature was pioneered by LJN's otherwise absolutely horrible X-Men NES game?
- Which hero's primary gaming nemesis is someone he still has yet to even meet in the comics?
- What do an NES game and a major restaurant chain agree is Wolverine's favorite food?
- Why is Carnage getting naked on my SNES?!
GAMING PLATFORMS YOU LOVED...OR DIDN'T KNOW EXISTED
Atari 2600 | Intellivision | Commodore 64 | Nintendo Entertainment System | Game Boy | Super NES | Sega Master System | Genesis | Game Gear | Lynx | ZX Spectrum | MSX | PC-DOS | MORE!
YOUR FAVORITE HEROES (AND SOME YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF)
- From Marvel! Spider-Man | Wolverine and the X-Men | Hulk | Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Vision, and a bunch of other Avengers | Punisher | Human Torch and the Thing from the Fantastic Four | Silver Surfer | Howard the Duck
- From DC! Superman | Batman | Flash | Swamp Thing
- From Other Comic Publishers! Conan | Flash Gordon | Judge Dredd | Ex-Mutants
- From Toy Lines and Cartoons! Transformers | Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles | He-Man and the Masters of the Universe | Bartman and Radioactive Man from The Simpsons | G.I. Joe | Danger Mouse | Gobots | Thundercats
- From Commercials! Domino's Pizza's Noid | Kool-Aid Man
- From Copyright Infringement! The Amazing Spider-Bat | Baseball Batman
ABOUT THE DUDE WHO WROTE THIS STUFF
With years-long stints at Marvel and LucasArts (you know...home to Star Wars games), Chris Baker has played a role in the release of more than 40 game releases since 2005. To name a few: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Marvel Pinball, Star Wars Battlefront II, LEGO Star Wars II...plus quite a few he'd rather not mention while trying to make himself sound awesome. He also worked in the games press from 1998-2005, most notably as an editor at Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine, where he wrote about hundreds of games.